Friday, November 19, 2010

First glimpse of the Alien Bitch

Well we had a small preview of my insanity or what I refer to as my Alien counterpart! I made dinner Sunday night for my husband and my 4 year old child. I a made a simple dinner of chicken with a mushroom sauce over a bed of egg noodles. Sounds normal so far? Sure it would have been if 10 more people were to show up. I cooked 6lbs of chicken for 2 adults and a toddler. I probably slapped a pound and a half of chicken on my husbands plate alone. When he sat down to eat he looked across the table at me and gave me this look that said "have you gone crazy"? Of course my reaction "I AM NOT CRAZY"! Ok I honestly believed what I had done was perfectly normal and actually smart.

OK, so maybe I did go a little insane. Of course at the time my husband tried to reason with me or listen to me reasoning for why we had so much chicken on the table. I love my husband and right now he is a patient man. He was able to awaken me from my insanity and bring me back to rationality. Or knock out that crazy Alien Bitch and bring me back to reality.

Here is when it hit me, with 6lbs of cooked chicken in front of me! "What the hell did I do! OH MY GOD what was I thinking, 6lbs of chicken"? It was all half breast I only needed to to cook 2 and that would have been plenty. I basically cooked 3 whole chickens. WOW! I admit I was shocked. No Wait I was actually astonished. How could I cook so much?

So this was the first glimpse of my insanity. I like to think of it as an alien taking over my body. This crazy bitch will be back. She will try to work her way in and when I least suspect it. I am trying to stay on my game and I feel pretty good that she hasn't completely taken over yet. That also scares me at the same time because she will get in and she will come in with a vengeance!

No comments:

Post a Comment